November 06, 2006

Melbourne Cup Sweep

Melbourne Cup time kiddies, and since you're all too young to gamble I thought I'd run a sweep for you all. Plus I'm kinda bored.

Prizes are tickets to Short and Sweet:
1st = Free ticket to each of the three weeks
2nd = Free ticket to two of the three weeks
3rd = Free ticket to one of the three weeks
Last = Everyone points and laughs at you

RULES:
*There are 24 horses, and only 20 Redbackers including me, so there are four spare horses.
*If anyone's horse gets scratched from the race, they get one of the spares.
*If no horses (or less than 4) get scratched some people will get a bonus horse.
*If you want to be one of those lucky people, be one of the first to comment on this thread saying "Hell Yeah I Want Another Horse!" before race time (3.00pm I think).
*If not enough people comment, the horses stay spare and if one of them wins, bad luck.
*If you don't want your prize you can give it to any other Redbacker

I've given out the horses in order of joining Redback (I think) and if you joined at the same time as others it went alphabetical by last name. I counted me as joining at the same time as the founders.


1 YEATS Sam Bagley
2 DELTA BLUES Caughey
3 RAILINGS Preety Gulati
4 TAWQEET Terri Holt
5 GEORDIELAND Kirsten Kerr
6 HEADTURNER Stacey Miller
7 SHORT PAUSE Pat Supel
8 ACTIVATION Debbie Thompson
9 LAND 'N STARS Renee Verma
10 MAHTOUM Sarah Bactol
11 ON A JEUNE Luke Krause
12 POP ROCK Kat Wood
13 ZIPPING Amy Miles
14 DIZELLE Emily Nixon
15 ICE CHARIOT Adele Rose
16 KERRY O'REILLY Laura Scopel
17 ZABEAT Gemma Berry
18 ART SUCCESS Steven Bagley
19 DEMERGER Leila Kocsis
20 GLISTENING Ken Waples
21 MANDELA Sam Bagley
22 DOLPHIN JO Preeti Gulati
23 MAYBE BETTER Debbie Thompson (didn't post a comment but she asked for the last place on MSN and no one else has put their hand up for the last horse)
24 EFFICIENT Scratched

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hell yea i want another horse!
can i pretty please have efficient cause i got money riding on him already....!
(or is it first to comment gets first spare horse?)

Anonymous said...

hell yea want another horse!! lol its preeti by the way...

PaTaRty said...

I've got a crap horse!

stace said...

Horses have such crap names. They should give them cool names..like Rose, or Stacey.

And I've already bet on Headturner. And Geordieland. And Art Success.

It's just not fun without Makaybe Diva. I won three years in a row on her.

PaTaRty said...

Congrats Caughey...*mumbles*...tell us the truth, you KNEW he was gonna win!!! You had first choice...ahwell...you ARE an expert.

stace said...

Pfft

If Makaybe Diva hadn't gone gone off to have babies I would have won.

Headturner turned NO heads and it's ruined my life.

HAPPY MELBOURNE CUP DAY

Anonymous said...

and stace, its MAKYBE diva... have no idea wot u were spelling....

stace said...

shaddup

Anonymous said...

love my new name, sounds kinda japanesey (u say it sha-manz-sha)

u SHADDUP stacey

instead of writing 'have no idea wot u were spelling' renee, u shuda wrote 'have no idea wot u were on' lol

im having fun just leaving my comments... must do it more often -yesah only 2 more days of school left.... :)-

stace said...

Exams, my friend.

EXAMS.

The cause of, and solution to, ALL of life's problems.